Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Life, a beginning; an open door to be explored

"I'm fine where I am now. It's nice and warm here. My mom is so close to me, she feeds me when she knows I'm hungry; she sings music to me. I am safe and secure where I am. No, I'm not leaving this place. I will not go out. I am happy and quiet here." " I don't know what's out there, I am not sure what's going to happen when I leave this place. It's cold, unsafe out there. Why can't I just stay here? ... I'm scared, what if? 

This is the dilemma of an unborn child in the mother's womb?

At the very start of life, the threshold is already part of  being human, of being alive. Choices to make, some we can avoid, some we need to trust and some we hold on to faith that what we choose is the right and best for us.

Threshold... a new beginning, a door to close behind us and a new door to open before us. Opportunities, freedom, uncertainties and challenges await us as we open a new threshold. Detachment, letting go; courage, humility, trust confidence, virtues needed as we embark on the thresholds that await us.

"When we are in a threshold, what we decide to do determines what comes next."
 -Jean Shenoda Bolen

"Too often we forget that only by enduring overtime in the space between those doors, can we eventually move freely across a threshold into the future." - Jane R. Pretat

 
Then  on the 9th month,the child was born. Insecure of the exposure felt, this poor little one made known his fear. A loud cry was heard from that little baby. Nobody could stop him until his mother took him in her arms, pressed him on her chest... Ah, his ears heard once again that familiar sound, a sound of a heartbeat coming from someone whom he knew; someone who has been his companion. And for the first time he felt reassurance from that heartbeat he heard. Opening his eyes slowly, he saw the face of that "heartbeat"...his mother. With a smile she put her face next to his face, hmmm he felt something he could not explain, all he knew was that he is not afraid anymore. The warmth of her embrace cast away all his fears. For the first time he felt a human touch and a warm, tender kiss on his cheek. He felt LOVED. Such a very awesome feeling! With that assurance the young child fall asleep, worried no longer, for he knew then that everything will be all right...

 " I am going to sleep now, tomorrow, I know surprise awaits me. I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait"




No comments:

Post a Comment